1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question About Scales that Measure Pressure

  1. Aug 9, 2011 #1
    I'm trying to find a certain type of scale that will measure the pressure I exert on it but I'm not really an expert on scales. I need one that will easily read the amount of pressure when I'm grabbing a counter or something and pulling my body weight down upon it. So I need one that can measure forces a lot higher just my weight. And the other stipulation for it is that it needs to be able to be read as I'm pushing down on it such as scales in labs that measure weights or chemical samples and not like a standard household digital weight scale that takes a few seconds to figure out your weight. If anyone could help me with this or even lead me on the right track that would be awesome.
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 9, 2011 #2


    User Avatar
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

    I think you should contact someone from a store that sales industrial scales and talk to them. They should be able to help you figure out what you need.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook