1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question about the shutdown of Tevatron last month at Fermilab National Lab

1. Nov 19, 2011 #1
    The tevatron was shut september 30, 2011 at Fermilab National Laboratory. Basically the particle research is now done in CERN instead. This is bad news because I was planning to do an internship there for high energy physics.

Does this mean that I shouldn't be applying for high energy physics in Fermilab National Laboratory? I greatly doubt they will fly you to CERN for an internship. If someone can please shed some light on this it would be appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 19, 2011 #2
    Have you considered contacted them regarding this?

4. Nov 19, 2011 #3
    Yes, I already have actually [I left a message] but I believe they won't be there till Monday. I just posted this topic because I'm in a rush to finish my application, but I'll see soon I guess.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook