1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Questions regarding to UoT's Engsci program

1. Dec 26, 2009 #1
    Hello guys, i am new here. Currantly, i am in grade 12 IB in vancouver. And after first term, i got 99 in math, 100 in chem, 97 in physics and 66 in english. However, since i have been in canada for only 3 years up to now and my first language is not english, what's my chance to get into U of T's Engsci? And will the admission office ask me to write the TOEFL exam?
    Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 26, 2009 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2017 Award

U of T? Toronto? Tennessee? Timbuktu? Tau Ceti?

4. Dec 26, 2009 #3
    University of Toronto's Engineering science program

5. Dec 26, 2009 #4
    Your marks are good other than English. If you required to take TOEFL then I guess they will look at it. Though english is not the most determining factor, but you still should get it higher.(Hopefully 75)

Did you take cal and functions for math? And there's one more course I think. (they look at 6)

6. Dec 26, 2009 #5
    Actually, I am in math HL, which includes calculus and other stuff. Also, I got 95 on mandarin, 72 for history and 72 for Theory of Knowledge for term 1 in grade 12.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook