Quick newbie question

• Thread starter secondsolution
  • Start date
In summary, a "Quick newbie question" is a basic question asked by someone who is new to a subject. These questions are important because they allow individuals to gain a better understanding of the topic. When asking a "Quick newbie question", it is important to be respectful and concise, and to do some research beforehand. It is not embarrassing to ask a "Quick newbie question" and there are many resources available to help find answers on your own.
Anyone know what these represent?
m.s-1
m s-1
ms-1

Mathematics news on Phys.org
It's really hard, actually pretty near impossible, to answer this without knowing the context you're seeing these in.

Im guessing your seeing these in relation to physics, motion?

All of those 3 mean the same thing. Units for velocity, or speed.
m is metres, s is seconds.
Meters per second is m/s. since 1/s is equal to s-1, we write it like the ways you stated.

Do you mean m s-1?

If so, that's the same as m/s or "meters per second" as Gib Z said.

What is a "Quick newbie question"?

A "Quick newbie question" is a term used to describe a question asked by someone who is new to a particular field or subject. These questions are often basic in nature and are asked in order to gain a better understanding of the topic at hand.

Why are "Quick newbie questions" important?

"Quick newbie questions" are important because they allow individuals who are new to a subject to gain a better understanding of it. Asking questions is an important part of the learning process and can help clarify any confusion or misunderstandings.

How should I ask a "Quick newbie question"?

When asking a "Quick newbie question", it is important to be respectful and concise. Make sure to do some research beforehand and ask specific and well-thought-out questions. Avoid asking questions that have already been answered or can easily be found with a quick search.

Should I be embarrassed to ask a "Quick newbie question"?

No, you should not be embarrassed to ask a "Quick newbie question". It is completely normal to have questions when you are new to a subject, and asking for clarification is a sign of willingness to learn and grow. Remember, everyone starts as a beginner at some point.

How can I find answers to my "Quick newbie questions" on my own?

There are many resources available to help you find answers to your "Quick newbie questions". Some options include doing a simple internet search, reading books or articles on the subject, or joining online communities or forums where you can ask questions and receive guidance from more experienced individuals.

Suggested for: Quick newbie question

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies