Random Photos

  • Thread starter Thread starter Point Conception
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Photos Random
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3,945 replies · 279K views
DaveC426913 said:
You didn't have time, of course, but the trick is to press the shutter down halfway when you first point the camera out at the water. This will focus it at the appropriate range and keep it locked at that range regardless of any intervening targets. This is when practicing with one's camera pays off.
Thanks, I do usually do this. I think this time because it jumped out of the way just as I was taking aim I somehow missed, maybe clicked too quickly.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
IMG_20210724_110351.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DaveC426913 and DennisN
DaveC426913 said:
Coral?
Barnacles on white plastic buoy, as can be seen offshore. Originally for cordoning off swimming area. But like just about everything else they do incompetently around here - In disarray.
IMG_20210703_144307.jpg
 
Upkeep is not too big around here. Gulf of Thailand
IMG_20210523_121830.jpg
 
Einstein's desk right after he died. Firstly, now we know what killed him - Philosophy

1627172199180.jpeg


I was reading his failed derivation of his GUT in the paper just above. I noticed that the only problem is that he made a sign error.
 
Another one from FB memories. It's the direction they're pointing that had me flummoxed. How did they get like that?

DSCF9952-XL.jpg
 
DSC_2001_resize.jpg


Donner Pass, CA
Abandoned RR Snowsheds
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Borg, collinsmark, Keith_McClary and 1 other person
Dripping water in a coal mine make these ice formations.
f6990360.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: Rive, CynicusRex, rsk and 3 others
The famous "Perhaps you recognise me, it's your favourite president" (ASSUMPTION) - random photo
1627613307710.png
 
Mixing red white blue water based paint.
IMG20210811081129.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Math100 and berkeman
morrobay said:
I don't know about these photos Keith
After >15 years the ash tree is squashed between the spruce trees.
 
morrobay said:
Summer in the City. Disco Skaters Central Park.
They look great. Did you take them recently? It is rare to see someone using film camera today (a positive comment).
 
Leo Liu said:
They look great. Did you take them recently? It is rare to see someone using film camera today (a positive comment).
See photos in # 63 reply
 
IMG_20210813_143046.jpg
IMG_20210813_143027.jpg

At the Naklua seafood market. She actually works there.
 
morrobay said:
Indeed you can have Mediterranean style anywhere View attachment 272584

This is very nice. I'm curious if you added any dressing.

For this, I would have just added extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and lemon juice.
 
skyshrimp said:
This is very nice. I'm curious if you added any dressing.

For this, I would have just added extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and lemon juice.
I fill a medium size bowl about 50/50 soy sauce/lemon juice. Then add chopped green onions , coriander leaves, maybe some dried garlic flakes and basil leaves (in pots on deck) Then take with spoon . So not really Mediterranean but Thai. And I'm for sure going to have your suggestion next time. Edit the mixture above is kept separate from the shrimp an calamari. Both about $8/kg at this village style seafood market. Shown a few replies above
 
skyshrimp said:
This is very nice. I'm curious if you added any dressing.

For this, I would have just added extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and lemon juice.
IMG_20210816_130555.jpg
 
Climbed this tree not so long ago. When you're at the top the slightest breeze gets amplified multifold; exhilarating.

treeclimbing-1.jpg
 
Attachments
  • treeclimbing-1.jpg
    treeclimbing-1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: rsk and Point Conception
On a clear day you can almost see all the way to Bangkok
IMG20210816160216.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, BillTre and Keith_McClary
My home for a week this holiday:

1629247419739.png

1629247494034.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, collinsmark, pbuk and 3 others