What is the procedure to recondition the mineral oil used in transformer so that it become useable again. Any helpful link or...
I didn't realize how many things needs to be considered when reconditioning transformer oil. And as Carl Pugh mentions,You should see if you can find information from the manufacturer. Depending on application, filtration might be recommended, heating under vacuum, separation in a centrifuge, or perhaps a combination of these.
Here are the services http://www.swelectric.com/onsite_oil.aspx" [Broken] provide:There are companies that specialize in reconditioning transformer oil.
* Vacuum Filling of new units or existing units
* Vacuum Dehydration by multiple passes through Heat/Vacuum
* Vacuum Dehydration by Hot Oil Splash with Cold Trap moisture monitoring
* Vacuum Degassificaiton by multiple passes through Heat/Vacuum
* Hot Oil Cleaning/Reclamation by utilizing Fuller’s Earth filtering medium
* On-line/Energized processing to remove H20, Gases and Oxidation By-products such as Acids and Sludges that will destroy the cellulosic insulation in your unit
* Dehydration and Degassification of Silcone Fluid
* Dehydration and Degassification and Hot Oil Cleaning of R-temp Fluid
* Vacuum filling, Dehydration, Degassification and Hot Oil Cleaning of FR-3 Fluid
This is an old discussion, however.kleanoil001 what is the cost for your system to re-condition transformer oil?...