Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Real time water quality data from Yaquina Bay Or.

1. Aug 28, 2012 #1

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Real time water quality data

This is data being taken NOW. Note that it links to several sites around the US.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 1, 2012 #2

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The thread title is a bit misleading, this site also has data from several sites. I find it interesting that the Oregon, Maine and Nova Scotia sites are essentially on the same latitude.

I am currently watching the Maine site, at which, the node is currently out of the water. Just over a week ago I integrated a system for the U of Maine which consisted of a new WQM and a new Seabird instrument for measurement of Ph. I am wondering if my instrument will be installed when they get back in the water.

4. Sep 1, 2012 #3

Bobbywhy

Gold Member

Congratulations on the successful integration of so many disparate sensors to monitor water quality! These real-time data monitoring can only help our efforts to maintain our waters pure. Like ants in a supraorganism, each one of us can contribute to the successful evoluton and survival of all of us.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook