1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Recognition of Bachelors degree from china (aeronautics)

1. Aug 30, 2010 #1
    If i do my bachelors in Aeronautics from China(nanjing university of aeronautics and astronautics). Will it be recognised in the US, if i plan to do my masters later on from the US?

* This university's grading system is different from that of the US, no CGPA. It has some other scoring system out of a hundred. Will It be possible to convert it into GPA later on?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 30, 2010 #2
    I also come from a country that use a 0 to 100 grading system and not the American GPA. Of course, it's not China, but he's my experience.

I was admitted to an American university (for my bachelor's degree) with no problem. I also know of many people who had their B.S done here and their M.S/Ph.D done in the states.

I'm pretty sure it won't be a problem, but again, I'm not Chinese and I'm not working on a graduate degree.

Oh, I'd suggest that you email and call a few Universities you're interested in and ask them what are their policies regarding Chinese students. I'm sure they'll be more insightful than me.

4. Aug 31, 2010 #3
    I've never heard of anyone having any problems of having a Chinese bachelors being recognized in the US for graduate school.

5. Aug 31, 2010 #4
    A friend that I go to school with has a degree from Tsinghua and had no issues transitioning over to US schools.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook