1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Second bachelor degree in engineering

1. Jan 30, 2016 #1
    Is it possible for any student having a bachelor's degree in engineering to pursue a second bachelor's degree in another branch of engineering?

I got my first bachelor degree in chemical engineering (from Africa, low gpa for personal issues at that time). I was traying to get into master program but no luck so far with my low gpa. I was thinking in doing a second bachelor degree in electrical or mechanical engineering ( in Canada, where I live now). What do you guys think?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 30, 2016 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

You'll have to ask the universities. Probably.

4. Jan 30, 2016 #3

WWGD

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Maybe you can take a few classes (preferably in engineering-related areas, of course) now get good grades , which would show any school that you have gotten it together after your mistakes. This sort of story sells well in many places. Highlight how you have overcome hardships and did not let them get in your way. And be ready to explain why you are changing your area of specialization , in case someone ask. Have a thoughtful, honest answer for it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook