1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other Recommended Quantum Physics and Maths book?

1. Aug 23, 2015 #1
    Hi, I'm currently in high school but I know several university maths and physics (just a little)
    I want to know about

Maths:
    Lagrangian and Hamiltonian
    Fourier Transform (I self-studied Fourier series)
    Differential Equations (only know one way to solve them, I think its the most basic one)
    Gaussian Function and its properties (like multiplying two of them and making a one with a p I couldn't find anything related to it online)
    Surface Integrals and more on integrals (like Cantor Integrals)

Physics:
    Quantum Mechanics(I've learnt the basics so I want something that's understandable (with proofs would be nice) but not too easy but then not too hard as well. So I guess I want introductory Quantum Mechanics Book with a little rigor)
    Relativity: Understandable one with a lot of contents (exercise questions too)

If anyone could find a good book please let me know.
    Thanks in advance

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 23, 2015 #2
    Those are pretty advanced subjects. If you are only in high school I would suggest that it would be more beneficial to gain a firm grounding in your maths and physics from the basics up than to jump straight into a book about Lagrangians or differential equations. A thorough understanding of calculus is necessary.

4. Aug 23, 2015 #3
    I did do a lot of basic calculus and did year one university mathematics and physics is that okay?

5. Aug 23, 2015 #4
    Forgot to press 'reply'

6. Aug 23, 2015 #5

verty

Homework Helper

Try these if you like. I definitely prefer non-standard books, I dislike the ascetic quality that many modern books have.

1. Braun, "Differential Equations and their Applications". Looks like it covers a lot and rigorously but not in the standard way.
    2. Holland, "Applied Analysis by the Hilbert Space Method". Looks quirky and very relevant for the modern QM.

I've removed the third suggestion I had here, it's not because I think it was a bad book to choose but I want to step away from these forums for a while and this is a good time to do it. These two seem to fit what you requested very nicely and I leave it up to you which books you want to buy.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted