Recommended reading list for secondary school student

In summary, the speaker is looking for suggestions of engaging books about physics suitable for a 13 year old child living in the UK. They do not enjoy reading revision guides or textbooks and prefer books like A Short History Of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson. They have tried looking on Amazon and book recommendation sites, but have only found revision guides, textbooks, and university/college books.
TKZoroSantoryu
Hey, I'm new here and didn't know where to post this thread but I decided to post it in the homework and coursework questions part although this isn't about homework. My question is, what are some good books about physics that are on a secondary school (UK) level which I can read that is fun and engaging? I don't like reading revision guides or textbooks since I don't really learn from them but I enjoy reading books like A Short History Of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson since they engage me. I tried looking on Amazon and book recommendation sites but they are all revision guides, textbooks, or university/college books which I don't fully understand. Please give some suggestions of engaging books about physics suitable for a 13 year old child living in the UK.

Physics news on Phys.org
hello, anyone?

What is the purpose of a recommended reading list for secondary school students?

A recommended reading list for secondary school students is designed to provide students with a variety of books that are appropriate for their age and reading level. It is meant to encourage students to read for pleasure, improve their literacy skills, and broaden their knowledge and understanding of different subjects and perspectives.

How is a recommended reading list for secondary school students created?

A recommended reading list for secondary school students is typically created by a team of educators, librarians, and experts in children's literature. They consider factors such as the students' age, reading level, interests, and curriculum requirements when selecting books for the list.

What types of books can be found on a recommended reading list for secondary school students?

A recommended reading list for secondary school students can include a variety of genres, such as fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and graphic novels. It may also include diverse books that represent different cultures, backgrounds, and experiences.

Can students read books that are not on the recommended reading list?

Yes, students are not limited to only reading books on the recommended reading list. The list is simply a guide and students are encouraged to explore other books that interest them. However, it is important for students to check with their teacher or librarian to ensure the book is appropriate for their age and reading level.

How can parents and guardians use the recommended reading list to support their child's reading?

Parents and guardians can use the recommended reading list to help their child discover new books and authors, as well as to have meaningful discussions about the books they are reading. They can also use the list to find books that align with their child's interests and to encourage a love for reading in their child.