Recreating JK flip flop in DSCH , none of the designs work.

  • Thread starter Thread starter alex002
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Flip flop Work
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 8K views
alex002
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi, I'm using DSCH3.5 and I'm trying to build a JK latch. I've found 3 different designs online (which confuses me) and I've recreated them in the software but they aren't functioning at all. Does anyone know what's going on? I'm losing a lot of sleep over this I must be doing something silly.

v7n2q.png


It initializes to this:

ZDMQx.png
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
I'll add that I created a D flip flop and it works fine. Sorry about the messy wiring on the JK above, it was the third time I had made it.

I figured it out. I had to put an input button on the inner part of the circuit bwt the two NAND gates (with the wires crossing) onto one of the lines. I'm not sure why but it works.
 
Last edited: