1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Relationship between mass and acceleration

1. Aug 3, 2009 #1
    Hello i just got a question from school regarding (Part 1) the relationship between mass and acceleration, and Part 2: force and acceleration.

i have gathered all the data regarding the velocity, these were recorded by using tickertimers. My questioin is how can u graph Part 1: a mass acceeration graph and then Part 2: a force vs acceleration graph. I the data in velocity. I just need to know how i can convert a velocity vs time graph into a mass vs acceleration graph.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 3, 2009 #2
    Try googling "tickertimer charts"

4. Aug 4, 2009 #3
    I have data regarding velocity and time, i just need to know how i can convert the data into acceleration vs mass graph

5. Aug 4, 2009 #4
    What data do you have precisely?From your first post I am assuming there is one set of data where the force was varied and the mass kept constant and a second set of data where the mass was varied and the force kept constant.If so make charts as per the instructions on the google search I recommended.You can find the accelerations from the slopes of the graphs.When F is varied you should find that the acceleration is proportional to the force(doubling F doubles a etc)and when M is varied you should find that a is inversely proprtional to M(doubling M halves a etc)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook