Relativistic Cosmology by Ellis, Maartens and MacCallum

In summary, Relativistic Cosmology is the study of the universe using Einstein's theory of General Relativity. Ellis, Maartens, and MacCallum are prominent physicists and cosmologists in this field. Key concepts include space-time continuum, gravitational fields, and the expansion of the universe. It differs from other branches of cosmology by considering the effects of gravity and space-time curvature. Current research topics include dark matter and energy, the origin and fate of the universe, and the formation of galaxies and clusters.

For those who have used this book

• Lightly Recommend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lightly don't Recommend

• Strongly don't Recommend

• Total voters
Physics news on Phys.org
jedishrfu said:
Yeah, I saw that. Not very useful!
I want to know if I can start learning cosmology from this book.
I already know GR, so that part is not a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is Relativistic Cosmology?

Relativistic Cosmology is the study of the universe as a whole using the principles of Einstein's theory of General Relativity.

2. Who are Ellis, Maartens, and MacCallum?

Ellis, Maartens, and MacCallum are prominent physicists and cosmologists who have made significant contributions to the field of relativistic cosmology through their research, theories, and publications.

3. What are the key concepts in Relativistic Cosmology?

Some key concepts in Relativistic Cosmology include the space-time continuum, gravitational fields, the curvature of space, and the expansion of the universe.

4. How is Relativistic Cosmology different from other branches of cosmology?

Relativistic Cosmology differs from other branches of cosmology because it takes into account the effects of gravity and the curvature of space-time on the large-scale structure and evolution of the universe.

5. What are some current research topics in Relativistic Cosmology?

Current research topics in Relativistic Cosmology include dark matter and dark energy, the origin and fate of the universe, the cosmic microwave background radiation, and the formation and evolution of galaxies and clusters of galaxies.