Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Relativity in Minkowski Space and Minkowski Diagram

1. Sep 8, 2006 #1
    hi :smile:

I'm working on "Relativity on Minkowski Space and Minkowski Diagrams" as my undergraduate project. I have some references for my project but I want to make it perfect.
    May you introduce me some cool stuff (references, interestings, topics to work on & etc.) about this topic? every thing that comes to your mind could help me to make it a well-done job. o:)

Thank You.
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 8, 2006 #2
    Well a good opening could be to include some of Minkowski's interesting quotes:

“The views of space and time which I wish to lay before you have sprung from the soil of experimental physics, and therein lies their strength. They are radical. Henceforth space by itself, and time by itself, are doomed to fade away into mere shadows, and only a kind of union of the two will preserve an independent reality.” – Hermann Minkowski, 1908

Or this one:

"Lightspeed is not a velocity but a units-conversion i.e. it's the number of meters in one second."
  4. Sep 9, 2006 #3
    You can have a look at A. Shadowitz, Special Relativity. The author introduces special relativity using relativistic space-time diagrams among which Minkowski's one as well
    sine ira et studio
  5. Sep 11, 2006 #4

Meir Achuz

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

His quotes would be rejected by many referees today as inconsistent with SI units.
  6. Sep 14, 2006 #5
    thank you all. :)

any other suggestions?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?