Exploring Remodularization Concepts: Finding Solutions for 4x=7 (mod 45)

• Thread starter oliver$
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses finding all the solutions (mod 45) of 4x=7 (mod 45) and the steps involved in solving the problem. The solution involves finding the multiplicative inverse of 4 modulo 45 and using Euclid's algorithm. The conversation also mentions the importance of doing the problem correctly rather than getting lucky with an incorrect method.
oliver$
i'm not sure if i understand this concept at all.
for finding all the solutions (mod 45) of

4x=7 (mod 45), we know that solutions exist, b/c the gcd (4, 45)=1 which divides 7.
then
4x= [52,97,112,157] (mod 45*4)
4x= 52 (mod 180) and 4x=112(mod 180).
these reduce to x=13 (mod 45) and x=28 (mod 45) respectively.
then x=13, 28 (mod 45)?

i feel like I'm missing some important step or piece of the concept.

Physics news on Phys.org
There is certainly something you've not quite grasped. In particular you may not say that since

a=b mod p

then

a=b+rp mod ap

this just is not going to help even if it were true, which it isn't guaranteed to be, though by some *fluke* it may give an answer.

What you need to do is find the multiplicatice inverse of 4 modulo 45.

since 4*11=-1 mod 45

you should be able to solve it from there.

i tried it your way, finding the multiplicative inverse, and got x=13.

Then I tried my method with 4x= 0 (mod 45) to get x=0, which works with your method as well. i don't know where i got the formula. but thank you. i'd rather do the problem right than do it by fluke.

You've just introduced new answers - a little like squaring. I've not chekced to see if your method must produce the correct answer, but it vertainly must produce incorrect ones, and it isn't nec. clear whioh of them is or insn't going to be correct without substituting back.

To find multiplicative inverses one only needs to use eulcid's algorithm.

1. What is remodularization?

Remodularization is the process of restructuring a software system by breaking it down into smaller, more manageable modules. This can help improve the overall design, maintainability, and scalability of the system.

2. Why is remodularization important?

Remodularization is important because it helps address issues such as complex code, interdependent modules, and code duplication in a software system. By breaking it down into smaller modules, it becomes easier to understand, maintain, and extend.

3. How is remodularization different from refactoring?

Remodularization and refactoring are similar concepts, but they have different goals. Refactoring focuses on improving the internal structure of code without changing its external behavior, while remodularization focuses on restructuring the overall architecture of a system by breaking it down into smaller, more modular components.

4. What are some common techniques used in remodularization?

Some common techniques used in remodularization include identifying cohesive and loosely coupled modules, applying design patterns, and using dependency injection to reduce coupling between modules.

5. How do you decide when to remodularize a system?

Remodularization should be considered when a system becomes too large and complex to manage, has high coupling between modules, or needs to be extended or maintained frequently. It can also be beneficial when implementing new features or technologies in the system.