Remote controlled car - Bluetooth Controlled

In summary, Alan wants to make a simple remote Bluetooth controlled car controlled by his cellphone. He is using an Atmel AVR mega8515 microcontroller (mc) for the car control. He is also looking for help. Any ideas anyone?
Shahil
Hi guys...

Just saw the Paintball gun thread...gave me an idea of updating my old toys...

I want to make a simple remote Bluetooth controlled car controlled by my cellphone. Basically, it's like your old IR controlled toy cars but instead of using IR, I intend using a Bluetooth connection. Furthermore, it would be nice to control the car using a Java applet on my cellphone. I think SonyEricsson made one so if they can, so can I!

I'm building the car using an Atmel AVR mega8515 microcontroller (mc) for the car control. I know the "car" functions can be handled by the mc (a friend of mine used a similar Atmel chip a few months ago to make a car) and I'm sure the controller can handled serial data I/P so it should be capable of handling the Bluetooth.

Oh, and the cellphone thing .. I've never used Java before but my cellphone ONLY accepts Java apps so some help there would REALLY be appreciated! :smile:

Any ideas anyone?

Engineering news on Phys.org
i've tried the nokia forums... no luck there :/
seems no-one knows much about java+bluetooth
maybe javabluetooth.com ? but i couldn't find much there either

Shahil

I have the info about java programming on bluetooth, see :
http://www.benhui.net/modules.php?name=Bluetooth&page=Connect_PC_Phone_Part_1.html [Broken]

That is about communicating between PC and mobile phone with bluetooth.
It is not difficult.

But, the most difficult thing is that what can be used to decode the bluetooth dongle output signal? How to understand that signal?

Can you give me the info about using Atmel AVR mega8515 microcontroller (mc) to control a toy car?

Many thanks!

Alan (alanacvATyahooDOTcom), please replace AT with @ and DOT with "."

Last edited by a moderator:
guide

i want to help u, in one city called Ardacan , a person has done about this case. if u want to know more , send e-mail to adn.

alanacv said:
Can you give me the info about using Atmel AVR mega8515 microcontroller (mc) to control a toy car?
Alan
To give you some ideas, here are a few examples of controlling a model car with another in the family of Atmel microcontrollers, the Mega32: example01, example02 and example03. Here is one example using the Atmel AVR Mega 8515.

Those exampes are from an EE course at Cornell Univ. My only association with the university is that I visited there a few times (even went up to http://www.news.cornell.edu/Chronicle/97/1.16.97/Sagan.GIF [Broken] adjacent to it.

you may consider contacting a toy company called danbar toys
i know they are looking for new idea to develop their remote controlled cars.
take a look at the http://www.danbartoys.com/rc-vehicles/rc-cars-super-lunar-car.html" , i know for a fact that they are looking for new ways to improve it for 2010. they must be interested in funding this remote control project

I am trying to design a J2ME program for my cell phone to be able to connect to my bluetooth device from my car thru my phone bluetooth, does anyone know how to design this type of program?

1. What is a remote controlled car?

A remote controlled car is a toy or hobby vehicle that can be controlled wirelessly using a remote control. The car is powered by a motor and can move in different directions, such as forward, backward, left, and right.

2. How does a Bluetooth controlled car work?

A Bluetooth controlled car uses Bluetooth technology to establish a wireless connection between the car and a device, such as a smartphone or tablet. The device sends signals to the car's receiver, which then controls the motors to move the car in the desired direction.

3. What are the benefits of a Bluetooth controlled car?

One benefit of a Bluetooth controlled car is that it allows for a longer range of control compared to traditional remote controlled cars. It also eliminates the need for line-of-sight control, meaning the car can be controlled from a distance or through obstacles. Additionally, Bluetooth technology allows for multiple cars to be controlled at the same time without interference.

4. Can a Bluetooth controlled car be modified or customized?

Yes, many Bluetooth controlled cars can be modified or customized with different parts and accessories. Some models also have additional features, such as LED lights or sound effects, that can be added to enhance the overall experience.

5. Are there any safety concerns with Bluetooth controlled cars?

As with any remote controlled toy, it is important to follow safety precautions and use the car in a safe and appropriate environment. Additionally, some models may have small parts or sharp edges that could be a choking hazard for young children, so it is important to supervise their use. It is also recommended to follow the manufacturer's instructions for charging and maintenance to prevent any potential safety hazards.