Research topics for dew point and relative humidity measurements

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter NewtonIsWrong
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Points Relative
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
NewtonIsWrong
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
TL;DR
What are some interesting things I can do with measured dew points and relative humidities?
Hello,

I have recently gotten ahold of a hygrometer and was wondering if there were any interesting topics I could research with measured dew points and relative humidities.

Thanks in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
NewtonIsWrong said:
Summary:: What are some interesting things I can do with measured dew points and relative humidities?

Hello,

I have recently gotten ahold of a hygrometer and was wondering if there were any interesting topics I could research with measured dew points and relative humidities.

Thanks in advance.
What are your thoughts on this? What ideas have you had so far?
 
Chestermiller said:
What are your thoughts on this? What ideas have you had so far?

Well, I have done a few measurements just to see how it works. I did some research about things that are related to the dewpoint and or relative humidity but failed to find something that would be interesting for me.

I am not looking to do measurements to complement the existing table of the difference between the wet- and drybulb readings and checking if the relative humidity that it should have is correct (like this: https://www.test-and-measurement-world.com/images/Relative-Humidity-Chart-Table.jpg). However I am looking for something that goes more 'in depth' so to speak.
 
Take a look at this:
https://hvac-eng.com/psychrometric-processes/
34ACFig2.gif