• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Resolving Forces - Shear and Bending Moment -

Resolving Forces - Shear and Bending Moment - :)

Homework Statement

The data table and associated questions are rather complex, if you have the time it would be much appreciated if you could have a look at the attachment and provide me with a solution or point me in the right, i just can't solve this question and i know there will be a similar one like it on my exam.

Homework Equations

This is second year engineering mechanics.

The Attempt at a Solution

I have come to find some answers however my lecturer swears by them being incorrect and he won't post a solution for me until he writes them up and distributes a solution booklet for everyone.. it's really unhelpful and i feel i need to get my head around this topic now before it's too late.

btw i've already derived the forces in qstn a)
Also i am capable of doing part d) but obviously i need the previous parts to be correct in order to complete the diagram. (Perhaps my part 'a' is wrong).
I just can't for the life of me equilibrate the moment force and Force2.

Thanks everyone :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

btw i've already derived the forces in qstn a)
Also i am capable of doing part d) but obviously i need the previous parts to be correct in order to complete the diagram. (Perhaps my part 'a' is wrong).
I just can't for the life of me equilibrate the moment force and Force2.

Mapes
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member

Hi tomygun_123, welcome to PF. Please show your work so far.

Hi tomygun_123, welcome to PF. Please show your work so far.
hey thanks for the reply, i'll get a hold of a scanner today and upload my work, thanks.

Well i ended up working it out anyway, couldn't find a scanner, but why didn't anyone help? lol at least could have pointed me in the right direction?

Mapes
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member

Well i ended up working it out anyway, couldn't find a scanner, but why didn't anyone help? lol at least could have pointed me in the right direction?
"Perhaps my part 'a' is wrong...I just can't for the life of me equilibrate the moment force and Force2." This is not enough information to help without seeing your calculations.

"Perhaps my part 'a' is wrong...I just can't for the life of me equilibrate the moment force and Force2." This is not enough information to help without seeing your calculations.
Oh come on man, i think you're being a bit stiff there, not even a little help? i don't have a scanner so i couldn't upload my work, it doesn't matter anyway i worked it out, thanks anyway.