1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Reverse Saturation Current ,Is Formula

1. Jan 13, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I am work on VLSI study currently and I am having problem in the static power consumption.

2. Relevant equations

I have an equation here, I= Is [e^qv/kt - 1] and I just wish to know is there any formula for calculation the Is.

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 14, 2012 #2

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome to Physics Forums.

First, I have moved your post from the Introductory Physics subforum to the Engineering, Comp Sci, & Technology subforum.

Second: is this for a homework assignment? (If not, there is yet another forum to move it to...)

Thirdly, I'll actually address the question you asked :smile:! As far as I know, the value of Is is usually given in any homework question using that formula -- unless the question is asking you to find Is, in which case the other variables would have to be given to you.

4. Jan 29, 2012 #3
    There's a formula for Is. But I cant tell you if it is a homework problem.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook