1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cosmology Review of Hidden In Plain Sight Series

1. Mar 2, 2017 #1

Andy_K

Gold Member

Has anyone read the 7-book series http://amzn.to/2lwgn66 [Broken] by Andrew Thomas?

B18gCSgZzpS._SL250_FMpng_.png

Just wondering what you think of his conjectures / speculations at the final sections of each book, i.e. on the link between relativity and quantum mechanics, equation of the universe, etc...

I like that he segregates the interesting topics into different books and the price of $0.99 is very affordable, but I don't have enough knowledge to determine whether his conclusions are accurate or flawed. Is he a reputable physicist with many peer-reviewed papers?

Would appreciate some feedback if you've read any of the books. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2017 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Did you check out the reviews on Amazon? At least one says he gets a LOT of stuff wrong and there's a lot of fantasy.

4. Mar 2, 2017 #3

Andy_K

Gold Member

Yup I did check out the reviews, but each book seems to average 4 to 4.5 stars, so I am not sure which reviews are more accurate :)

5. Mar 2, 2017 #4

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I didn't look in detail but it's quite possible that the better reviews are from laymen and the poor reviews are from folks who actually already know the stuff he's talking about. You'd need to really go through the reviews to tell and I'm not going to do that. Maybe someone here will have read one or more and can give you a more direct answer.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted