Uncovering the Secrets of the Spoiler Feature

• Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
In summary, this is how the spoiler feature should work: you should write the spoiler text in a spoiler item in the composition field tool bar, or alternatively you can use the leftsquarebracket and rightsquarebracket tags.
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Just a review to see how this is supposed to work; after reading the Food Chain discussion posts

PROCESS
  1. Write your post
  2. Write what you want in the spoiler
  3. Highlight the entire spoiler passage
  4. Open the three-dots tool with the down-arrow, and pick "spoiler"
  5. Write the title of the spoiler
  6. Click on OK or whatever to clear to the next step
  7. If you are satisfied with the post, select the button to publish your post.

An alternative to using the spoiler item in the composition field tool bar is this ---

STRUCTURE OF SPOILER TAG (carriage return or newlines not intended; only done like this to make for easier reading; like the opening spoiler tag can be all written on one line. Note, rightsquarebracket is the character, ] )

leftsquarebracket
SPOILER="The text showing what title, name , or description you want the spoiler to show"
rightsquarebracket

The text which you want hidden but which you want to display upon the user or reader clicking on the spoiler button

leftsquarebracket
/SPOILER
rightsquarebracket

Last edited:
Likes Charles Link and member 656954
Physics news on Phys.org
Isn’t this how it works now? This would me more useful in a help section rather than a post in the feedback forum. I do not think anyone writing a spoiler for the first time is going to come looking for this.

Orodruin said:
Isn’t this how it works now? This would me more useful in a help section rather than a post in the feedback forum. I do not think anyone writing a spoiler for the first time is going to come looking for this.
You must be correct but searching for how to do things on this forum is not always so easy. I poked into the Spoiler feature to see what I could do with it.

symbolipoint said:
Just a review to see how this is supposed to work. . .
I think I've got it. . . .:approve:

What?
Why?
When?
Where?
:oldbiggrin: . . .

Last edited:
Likes symbolipoint
OCR said:
I think I 've got it. . . .:approve:

What?
Why?
When?
Where?
Hitting reply and reading the quoted BB code is a good way to react to people who think this is funny. :wink:

Ibix said:
Hitting reply and reading the quoted BB code is a good way to react to people who think this is funny. :wink:
Hey, don't tell anybody. . . . :ok: . :oldwink:

1. How does the "spoiler" feature work?

The "spoiler" feature allows users to hide certain parts of a review that may contain spoilers for others who have not yet seen or experienced the subject being reviewed. This can be done by using a specific tag or button that will reveal the hidden text when clicked.

2. Can the "spoiler" feature be used for any type of review?

Yes, the "spoiler" feature can be used for any type of review, whether it is for a movie, book, TV show, or any other form of media. It is a useful tool for avoiding spoilers and allowing readers to choose whether or not they want to see the hidden information.

3. Is the "spoiler" feature only available for written reviews?

No, the "spoiler" feature can also be used for video or audio reviews. In this case, the hidden information may be bleeped out or blurred to avoid spoilers for viewers.

4. How can I add the "spoiler" feature to my review?

The process of adding the "spoiler" feature may vary depending on the platform or website you are using. In most cases, you can use a specific tag or button provided by the platform to hide the text. You can also manually add HTML code to achieve the same effect.

5. Is the "spoiler" feature effective in preventing spoilers?

The "spoiler" feature is effective in preventing spoilers as long as it is used properly. It is important for reviewers to clearly label their spoilers and for readers to respect the use of the feature. However, it is not a foolproof method and there is always a risk of spoilers being revealed through other means.