Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

RF Susceptor Heating (KHz range) Graphite Foil vs Iron Foil (or thin film)

1. Oct 7, 2014 #1
    Which do you believe is the best choice for a low temperature RF heating susceptor, i.e. - greatest rise in temperature vs. field strength. I am aware that Graphite (expanded graphite foil) has excellent thermal conductance in plane and therefore makes for very even heating patterns over large areas, however I am dealing with areas no larger than 10 sq/in.

I have not found much information comparing the susceptance properties of the two in similar geometries, frequencies and field strengths. Foils generally <2mm thickness. The system wattage does not exceed 100W.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2014 #2
    Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook