1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

RLC Circuit with damping question

1. Nov 5, 2006 #1
    I have an RLC Circuit. I've changed the resistors 3 times to give me a case of overdamping, underdamping, and critical damping. In taking my data (this was a long long time ago) I apparently missed taking measurements of current. I'm trying to solve the three differential equations to make a "predicted results" graph. To do this, I need initial conditions V0, which I have, and I0, which I should have. Is there any way besides redoing my experiment to determine what the current at t=0 would be? If so, what other information do you need from me to explain it to me?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 5, 2006 #2
    Sure, solve the circuit's differential equation and plug in your initial conditions. I'd do that anyway to double check what I did in the lab.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?