1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

School Project using water to deactivate alarm

1. Jan 25, 2015 #1
    < Mentor Note -- thread moved to HH from the technical engineering forums, so no HH Template is shown >

Hello! My partners and I are trying to create a alarm that is set to go off at a certain time then is turned off by pouring water on a water or moisture sensor. We have a few ideas but they seem much to complicated or to expensive to test out. Another problem we are facing is how to reset the alarm without the excess water from the previous "trial pour" automatically turning off the alarm, instead of manually drying off the sensor in order to try again. We plan on incorporating Bluetooth into our final project design as well, but we don't plan on getting their for a while if we even do.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 25, 2015 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

And your question is ... ?

4. Jan 26, 2015 #3
    Regarding the resetting problem, I would suggest a small hole in the bottom that will slowly drain the basin the trigger is in. The size of the hole will modulate the "memory" of the alarm.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted