1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

School rank or school scenery?

1. May 29, 2012 #1
    I am at community college right now doing my TAG (transfer admission guarantee) to a UC school. The problem is you only get 1 school to TAG to. I have been thinking about UC Davis, mostly because I've lived in southern california all my life and wanted a change of scenery.

The other schools im considering are UCSD and UCSB. It looks like santa barbara has the best chemical engineering program, but it's the beach scene that i've seen all my life and I'm over it. Same thing sort of with UCSD being in so cal.

Any opinions on this?

2. jcsd
  3. May 29, 2012 #2
    First, I'd say go to the best school that you can get into. For four years, deal with the scenery.

Second, I'll agree, Davis looks a *lot* different than San Diego or Santa Barbara. You certainly won't have to worry about the beach there!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook