Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Secret Service Codenames

1. Nov 10, 2008 #1
    Thought I'd share this with all of you...

http://www.nndb.com/lists/050/000140627/

Obama is Renegade, that sounds more like a maverick to me!!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 10, 2008 #2

turbo

Gold Member

Todd=Driller
    Sarah=Denali (Are you sure that's not a typo? "Denial" sounds more appropriate.)

4. Nov 10, 2008 #3

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5. Nov 10, 2008 #4
    Appropriate name for someone with 5 kids... o:) "Drill, baby, drill!!"

:rofl:

6. Nov 10, 2008 #5

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

With all the foxes and astronomical stuff, I was hoping someone would be nicknamed 'Star Fox'

7. Nov 10, 2008 #6
    Uh, Prince Charles is "Unicorn"? That seems a bit fruity. Is this going to cause an international incident?

Unless it's... oh god, I can't help myself but tell this joke, children, cover your eyes... unless it's that he only likes to be ridden by virgins.

[EDIT] Okay, wait a minute... I was only kidding when I said that, but now that I've thought about it, could that actually be an inside Secret Service joke? Something they might have been privy to?

8. Nov 10, 2008 #7

turbo

Gold Member

Have you taken a look at his mate?

9. Nov 10, 2008 #8

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Dick Cheney... 'Backseat'? What's he doing in that backseat?

I find it ironic that Bush's press secretary has the nickname 'Matrix'. I wish we had some of these from him

Are WMDS real?

Or

or

10. Nov 10, 2008 #9
    I know, but what I meant by proposing it's an inside joke is that it might refer to his tastes when, ahem, ordering room service during visits to the U.S. As in, y'know, the world's oldest room service.

11. Nov 10, 2008 #10
    Do they get to pick? I'd honestly want mine to be War Phalange.

12. Nov 10, 2008 #11
    DAMN IT, John McCain's nickname is Phoenix :cry:

13. Nov 10, 2008 #12

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Why. You think it should have been Old Navy?

Or Maverick

And Sarah Palin named Goose?

14. Nov 10, 2008 #13
    I'd say Albatros is more fitting.

15. Nov 10, 2008 #14
    I don't get your username, actually. I mean, isn't "phalange" just the French word for "phalanx"? It seems redundant, something like "War Army". (Though there wouldn't be anything wrong with that, I just wonder if there's a joke I'm not getting.) It's not a reference to the Lebanese political party, is it?

16. Nov 10, 2008 #15
    Anything but my nick. Just not the right codename for a loser.

MINE MINE MINE

:biggrin:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  17. Nov 10, 2008 #16
    McCain's gone down in flames several times now

18. Nov 10, 2008 #17
    Actually it was meant to be a singular version of "phalanges" in reference to finger bones. But I'm incompetent so I figured the singular version was phalange and not phalanx.

And that in turn comes from my friend and I being in English class years back and he started saying words that start with "war" and when he couldn't name any more he just said "war phalange" and I stole it because I have no shame.

19. Nov 10, 2008 #18
    Oh, I wasn't familiar with that definition. It does look as though "phalange" is correct for the bones in your hands and feet, in English. It just comes from the same root as a "phalanx" which is kind of like a platoon of soldiers (and is translated as "phalange" in French.)

20. Nov 11, 2008 #19
    And like a true Phoenix, he will rise from the ashes and surprise everybody. McCain '12!

21. Nov 11, 2008 #20

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

At 76 that would be a surprise even for him.

Cindy should be so lucky.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?