Security Clearance required when applying for jobs related to math and physics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
31 replies · 7K views
@Zap Instead of focusing on the perceived loss of privacy, consider the fact that with a clearance, you have more opportunities than applicants that don't have a clearance. Personally, I think that data aggregation companies have more information on you than the government does. I would be more concerned about that loss of privacy.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Interesting. Generally, I find outlook to be pretty awesome. I love that the graphics tools that you see in PowerPoint are also available in outlook. You can create really cool signatures and graphics right in your email.

I am using my gmail account to resolve the issue with accessing a web hosted software. I just pray outlook hasn't been rejecting any other emails. It's weird because they did not even appear in the spam folders. So, not sure where they are going.

I actually want to get a security clearance now. The benefits of getting one I think outweigh the negatives. I would be considered for a ton more jobs if I had one.

I just got a call and am being considered for a really cool job that combines chemistry with data science. They told me it's extremely rare to find someone who has a mixture of both these skills. I'm that someone! I'm super excited. The caller was so impressed with me. I don't even know why! I don't think this job will pay a lot, because it sounds like a science research related job, but it's also a "long-term temporary" position, which sounds really cool and I think it will lead to really cool stuff down the road.
 
Last edited: