Seldom used PF before, but now I want to become more active

  • Thread starter Thread starter Frioz
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 514 views
Frioz
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Hello PF, Frioz here!

I received a B.S. in Physics from a large state university this May, but I quickly realized that pursuing academia and a higher degree was not something that I wanted to do straight out of college. In lieu of that, I worked in the physics demonstration lab for four years where I helped to build demonstrations and communicate science to large audiences, which became my absolute passion. I am incredibly inspired by the efforts of scientists like Carl Sagan, Neil deGrasse Tyson and Lawrence Krauss to popularize science. Starting in July, I am going to be the "demo guy" at one of the most populated universities in the US, where I will be in charge of hundreds of demonstrations and for the creation of new ones, which will put me in a unique position to influence the minds of future scientists and to diffuse physics knowledge in entertaining and innovative ways.

I look forward to a long career of engagement with PF and the physics community at large!

Frioz
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DanofEarth
Physics news on Phys.org