Seldom used PF before, but now I want to become more active

• Thread starter Frioz
  • Start date
In summary, the topic discusses the desire to become more active in using PF, despite having seldom used it before. The focus is on the individual's motivation to increase their involvement and engage with PF more frequently. The reasons for this desire may vary, but the ultimate goal is to become more active and engaged with the platform.
Frioz
Hello PF, Frioz here!

I received a B.S. in Physics from a large state university this May, but I quickly realized that pursuing academia and a higher degree was not something that I wanted to do straight out of college. In lieu of that, I worked in the physics demonstration lab for four years where I helped to build demonstrations and communicate science to large audiences, which became my absolute passion. I am incredibly inspired by the efforts of scientists like Carl Sagan, Neil deGrasse Tyson and Lawrence Krauss to popularize science. Starting in July, I am going to be the "demo guy" at one of the most populated universities in the US, where I will be in charge of hundreds of demonstrations and for the creation of new ones, which will put me in a unique position to influence the minds of future scientists and to diffuse physics knowledge in entertaining and innovative ways.

I look forward to a long career of engagement with PF and the physics community at large!

Frioz

Likes DanofEarth
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!