Senator Ted Kennedy dead at 77

• News
  • Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
Generally more than two, and some have a firmer basis in reality than others.

I never suggested he should serve Palestinians, but rather simply pointing out that his service to the conquest of their homeland in violation of international law undermines the claim of altruism. I have yet to see a reasonable argument that he did so for the interests of us Americans either, at least aside from for the few who have built an industry around this conquest. If you are suggesting otherwise, I am interested in seeing how you substantiate your perspective.
I'm not sure the Senator ever described himself as "altruistic". He had goals, but knew when to make a deal. Compromise is the normal outcome of political debate.

kyleb
I did not suggest Kennedy ever called himself an altruist, but rather took issue with Ivan's "champion of the people" claim.

That is a first for me. One has to wonder why, if true, and if he did anything wrong, this sat on the back burner for 18 years. Sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me; that or it wasn't as bad as it sounds. The Republicans would have given just about anything to have something illegal or unethical on Kennedy.
Just like the democrats and their friends in the media are pressuring sanford to resigned; If ted kennedy were a republican, democrats, leftist political pundits, and various news pundits would've have constantly brought up the death that ted kennedy was responsible for. I think its despicable how they act like it is the end of the world or at least the end of governor sanford's political career because of his one little affair , but when a person like Ted kennedy is responsible for the death of another human being, he is never asked why his political career came to be in the first place, given his sketchy background. What hypocrisy !

I think ted kennedy was a drunkard and horrible person and became only senator easily because of the recognizable Kennedy name; Ted's political career should have ended when he showed he did not want to take responsibility for the death of Mary Jo Kopechne by leaving the scene of the incident he created; This wasn't a frightened teenager , this was a 35 year old man; Leaving the scene of a car accident with a dead person and pretending nothing happened is akin to dumping the body of a dead person in a river;
Amen.

Claude