Sensor to Measure Differences in Light Wavelength

In summary: depending on the wall material and the target, you may be able to find some radar frequencies that you can use to image the target through a relatively radar-transparent wall.
Mark carlyle
TL;DR Summary
Wavelength period measurement
What sensor to would i use to measure the difference in wave length periods. I want to make a rendered image of somthing that field of view that is being obstructed.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Mark carlyle said:
Summary: Wavelength period measurement

What sensor to would i use to measure the difference in wave length periods. I want to make a rendered image of somthing that field of view that is being obstructed.
Can you say more about the application? You can use a spectrometer or similar device to measure the absolute wavelengths and just do a numerical subtraction, I suppose. You can make a simple one with a prism or diffraction grating. Are you familiar with those tools?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrometer
Also, you posted this question in the Computing forum -- are you hoping to automate this measurement with your computer?

I kinda had a couple different directions I wanted to goin. I do suppose making a 3d environment using a simulator somthing on the lines of a game engine or simplified video format. As for the tools I will look them up and familiarize myself.

Mark carlyle said:
What sensor to would i use to measure the difference in wave length periods.
How low-tech do you want?
Your eyes do a passable job.

Okay, now I see "rendered image" in your first post in this thread, so having the thread in the Computing forum may make sense.

Your project goals are still not clear though. Exactly what kind of scene or situation do you want to render? What rendering tools have you used so far? Can you show us a few of your renderings that you have done? Use the "Attach Files" button in the lower left of the Edit window to attach images to your posts...

DaveC426913 said:
How low-tech do you want?
Your eyes do a passable job.
I was aiming to see through solid material

Mark carlyle said:
I was aiming to see through solid material
Like Superman?

Likes pinball1970
I don’t know how I want to do it completely. I’m still in the brainstorming faze. I haven’t decided exzactly which waves I’m going to use yet. But I imagine high frequency radio waves would work. I want to emit a high radio frequency with a sensor measuring the period difference contrast sending the information through an arduino chip or whatever works best to pixilated the differences into different colors creating a 3 dementional view that can see through walls and sold material. I want to create as clear of a picture as possible. I want it to be the best even if someone else has to do it.

Depending on the wall material and the target, you may be able to find some radar frequencies that you can use to image the target through a relatively radar-transparent wall. It's better if you can project x-rays through the wall(s) and pick up the image on the far side.

You can also do a search on "ground penetrating radar" to get more ideas.

berkeman said:
Like Superman?

X-ray specs!

Likes berkeman
Likes pinball1970 and jedishrfu

1. What is a sensor to measure differences in light wavelength?

A sensor to measure differences in light wavelength is a device that detects and measures variations in the wavelength of light. This type of sensor is commonly used in scientific research, photography, and other applications where precise measurements of light are necessary.

2. How does a sensor to measure differences in light wavelength work?

Most sensors to measure differences in light wavelength use a photodiode or phototransistor to detect changes in the intensity of light. These devices convert light into an electrical current, which can then be measured and analyzed to determine the wavelength of the light.

3. What are the applications of a sensor to measure differences in light wavelength?

A sensor to measure differences in light wavelength has a variety of applications in different fields. It is commonly used in spectroscopy to analyze the chemical composition of substances, in astronomy to study the properties of stars and galaxies, and in environmental monitoring to measure air and water quality.

4. How accurate are sensors to measure differences in light wavelength?

The accuracy of a sensor to measure differences in light wavelength depends on the quality and calibration of the device. High-quality sensors can have an accuracy of within 1 nanometer, making them suitable for precise scientific measurements. However, lower-quality sensors may have a lower accuracy and may be more suitable for general use.

5. What are the advantages of using a sensor to measure differences in light wavelength?

One of the main advantages of using a sensor to measure differences in light wavelength is its ability to provide precise and objective measurements. It is also a non-invasive method of measuring light, making it suitable for use in sensitive environments. Additionally, these sensors can be used in real-time, allowing for continuous monitoring and analysis of light wavelengths.