1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Setting up a Teacher website questions

1. Mar 30, 2012 #1
    Hello, this doesn't seem to quite fit into any of the forums, but I'm hoping to find some help.

I want to set up a website as a teacher for my students to look at. I'd like to
    - Post general interest stuff
    - Post solved homework and tests
    - Let the students log on to do the above and most of all look at their grades
    - To that end, I want to post grades assignment-by-assignment. If there was a website service that could automatically sync to EZ Grade or such, THAT would be the killer app.

Any comments about all this are appreciated!
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 30, 2012 #2

Staff: Mentor

4. Apr 14, 2012 #3
    There are a lot of places that will host for you. It's rather overwhelming. But as a new teacher, I don't want to mess around with this much. I'm willing to pay a fee BUT for my money I want my life made very easy:
    - Really easy to upload presentations, homework, etc
    - Really easy to upload grades. Or WAY better, sync automatically to my grade book...
  5. Apr 17, 2012 #4
  6. Apr 18, 2012 #5

I'd just use a wordpress install, honestly. It'd do anything but the grades, but grades can be posted with an Excel sheet and having each student choose a unique identifier.
  7. Apr 18, 2012 #6
    Do you mean like instead of student names, have them come up with their own names like "Birdie" or "#@$@" or "FlyGirl"?

Interesting idea. I'll have to check if that would meet confidentiality requirements, since some students could figure it out (only 1 kid aces a test, it's easy to spot them). If there is even a clear policy about that...
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?