1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Several exam questions I got stuck on

1. Jun 12, 2013 #1
    physicsfor.png

2) I am unsure why the answer is A.. I thought the answer would be C ( by using flemings left hand rule)

5) If we resolve forces, we get R - mg = mv^2/r , so R = mg + mv^2/r but this isn't the correct answer.. (the correct answer is D)

6) I know when lines of flux are cut, an EMF and therefore a current is induced but how do I get the answer?

thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 12, 2013 #2

rude man

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

2 Use d F = i d L x B on any segment dL around the coil but concentrate on the top, bottom & sides.

5. Consider force on the car due to gravity and force required by centripetal motion. How much does the bridge have to push against the car after you've done that?

6. Apply emf = - d(phi)/dt for all four possibilities. What is the sign of phi on coil X before any action is taken?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted