Should 3rd World debt be written off?

• No

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Yes - with conditions

Votes: 13 61.9%

• Total voters
Guys gave good examples about the conditioning related to aiding, which is the problem, so as in general turning this into a false dilemma doesn't solve it.

This is an example of what we see every day in our newspapers:

This one came from Clarin (The numer one newspaper in argentina 30% of it's stock owned by Goldman Sachs int.)

RESUMED TODAY IN WASHINGTON THE MANAGEMENTS BEFORE THE MONETARY FUND
Now the pressure of the IMF is for the private service rates and the fiscal surplus

In the list of worries of the Department of the Treasure, and also of the IMF, the debt that continues in default does not figure already in the first position. There are other more important themes in their agendas: rise in the rates of public services and the regulatory framework for the businesses ; and the fiscal theme, that includes the level of primary surplus (they would ask around 5% against the 3% presented by Argentina) and the law of coparticipación or what call here the "federalización of the tax system".

Pengwuino
Gold Member
What exactly are you and hte newspaper trying to say Burnsys?

Art
loseyourname said:
Fine then. Feel insulted when he clearly didn't mean to insult you. Taking things personally that are not meant to be personal is part of the reason these discussions degenerate.
Relax - I didn't say it was insulting I said it was undemocratic as in the statement, "I'm great you're bad, now refute that without referring to me"

Pengwuino said:
What exactly are you and hte newspaper trying to say Burnsys?

That the great aspect of our economic policy are dictated by the imf and USA.