Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should I major in Aerospace engineering or Computer Science?

1. Jul 9, 2011 #1
    Hi,
    I'm not sure what I should major in. They both interest me a lot. How is the job stability? How is the pay? I know how to write in Java, but I can learn more before college (I have a year). What is you input on this?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 9, 2011 #2
    Do you think I would be good at computer science?

Hi, I'm trying to decide what to major in next year and I'm stuck between Computer science and Aerospace Engineering. I know a little java code. I am super good at math and get A's on every test throughout high school (I'm going to be a senior next year). Math is super easy to me and I don't have to study it for the test. Once I figure out how to do it, I know how to do it. Do you think computer science will be good for me? What about Aerospace Engineering?
    Thanks

4. Jul 9, 2011 #3

gb7nash

Homework Helper

Re: Do you think I would be good at computer science?

The answer to that depends entirely on you. There's many different avenues you can take with a math background. Did you really enjoy the programming you did in Java? Why are you considering aerospace engineering? Do you know much about the field?

If you're dead-set on majoring in CS or AE, take an into-level engineering course and CS course freshman year. You should get a decent idea of what you'll really like.

5. Jul 9, 2011 #4

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Two threads have been merged, and a third duplicate thread without any responses has been deleted.

6. Jul 10, 2011 #5

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook