1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should I major in Aerospace engineering or Computer Science?

1. Jul 9, 2011 #1
    Hi,
    I'm not sure what I should major in. They both interest me a lot. How is the job stability? How is the pay? I know how to write in Java, but I can learn more before college (I have a year). What is you input on this?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 9, 2011 #2
    Do you think I would be good at computer science?

Hi, I'm trying to decide what to major in next year and I'm stuck between Computer science and Aerospace Engineering. I know a little java code. I am super good at math and get A's on every test throughout high school (I'm going to be a senior next year). Math is super easy to me and I don't have to study it for the test. Once I figure out how to do it, I know how to do it. Do you think computer science will be good for me? What about Aerospace Engineering?
    Thanks

4. Jul 9, 2011 #3

gb7nash

Homework Helper

Re: Do you think I would be good at computer science?

The answer to that depends entirely on you. There's many different avenues you can take with a math background. Did you really enjoy the programming you did in Java? Why are you considering aerospace engineering? Do you know much about the field?

If you're dead-set on majoring in CS or AE, take an into-level engineering course and CS course freshman year. You should get a decent idea of what you'll really like.

5. Jul 9, 2011 #4

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Two threads have been merged, and a third duplicate thread without any responses has been deleted.

6. Jul 10, 2011 #5

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook