1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should I re-read theory and errors or just go straight to practice?

1. Aug 17, 2013 #1
    I am interested in a subject that is only tested on exercises, however it has also a lengthy theory. I have gone through the theory and I have made notes on parts I wasn't aware of at first. I have also gone through the introductory exercises by myself and I have made notes on points I wasn't aware of at first. The length of that 'book' is quite, about 50 pages of convoluted notes and subnotes that may expand to other material or between one another.

The question is, is it of great value to go through those notes or go through new exercises only? Or should I combine it somehow?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 17, 2013 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

How would you answer the question "I made some notes that you can't see on a subject I won't name. Are they valuable?"

4. Aug 17, 2013 #3
    I wouldn't assume I know every subject. This is academic guidance, not of a specific subject.

Anyway, thanks for making it clear you are more interested in being sarcastic. Bye.

5. Aug 17, 2013 #4

Zondrina

Homework Helper

You're being incredibly vague as is. Are you looking for study tips or just trying to cause a hard time?

It would help if you could be more specific about what you need help with ( maybe even include the topic you happen to be studying for ). Then perhaps you can receive a well structured response from somebody.

6. Aug 17, 2013 #5
    Having seen your prior posts, you're over thinking it. Think less and do more. If you don't grasp the topic, practice. If you get it, move on.

I agree with the other posters. OP's question is not clear nor answerable.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook