Should I re-read theory and errors or just go straight to practice?

In summary: You're being incredibly vague as is. Are you looking for study tips or just trying to cause a hard time?
cdux
I am interested in a subject that is only tested on exercises, however it has also a lengthy theory. I have gone through the theory and I have made notes on parts I wasn't aware of at first. I have also gone through the introductory exercises by myself and I have made notes on points I wasn't aware of at first. The length of that 'book' is quite, about 50 pages of convoluted notes and subnotes that may expand to other material or between one another.

The question is, is it of great value to go through those notes or go through new exercises only? Or should I combine it somehow?

Physics news on Phys.org
How would you answer the question "I made some notes that you can't see on a subject I won't name. Are they valuable?"

Vanadium 50 said:
How would you answer the question "I made some notes that you can't see on a subject I won't name. Are they valuable?"

I wouldn't assume I know every subject. This is academic guidance, not of a specific subject.

Anyway, thanks for making it clear you are more interested in being sarcastic. Bye.

cdux said:
I wouldn't assume I know every subject. This is academic guidance, not of a specific subject.

Anyway, thanks for making it clear you are more interested in being sarcastic. Bye.

You're being incredibly vague as is. Are you looking for study tips or just trying to cause a hard time?

It would help if you could be more specific about what you need help with ( maybe even include the topic you happen to be studying for ). Then perhaps you can receive a well structured response from somebody.

Having seen your prior posts, you're over thinking it. Think less and do more. If you don't grasp the topic, practice. If you get it, move on.

I agree with the other posters. OP's question is not clear nor answerable.

What are the benefits of re-reading theory and errors before practicing?

Re-reading theory and errors can help solidify your understanding of the concepts and identify any areas of confusion. It can also help you avoid making the same mistakes in practice, leading to a more efficient and effective learning process.

Is it necessary to re-read theory and errors in order to improve?

While it is not always necessary to re-read theory and errors, it can be a helpful tool in the learning process. Everyone learns differently, so it is important to find what works best for you.

Can re-reading theory and errors be time-consuming?

It can be time-consuming to re-read theory and errors, but the time spent can ultimately benefit your learning and improve your understanding of the subject. It is important to find a balance between theory and practice in order to optimize your learning process.

Are there any alternative methods to re-reading theory and errors?

Yes, there are alternative methods such as summarizing the material, creating flashcards, or discussing the concepts with others. It is important to find the method that works best for your learning style.

How often should I re-read theory and errors?

There is no specific rule for how often you should re-read theory and errors. It is helpful to review the material as needed, whether it be before practicing or if you encounter difficulties in understanding the concepts. The key is to find a balance between practice and review to continually improve your understanding.