Sketch following displacement field

In summary, a sketch following displacement field is a mathematical representation used in computer graphics and animation to simulate the movement of objects. It is calculated using vector calculus and differential equations to determine the displacement of each point in space. The purpose of this field is to create realistic and fluid animations, and it differs from a regular displacement field in that it follows a predetermined path. This type of displacement field can also be used in real-world applications like robotics and motion tracking.
ineedhelp?

Homework Statement

calc extension shears dilatation and rotation u(sub)i= ex(sub)i ... e is constant

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I have no clue where to start. I am reading the textbook and can't understand how to apply it to this problem. Any help would be awesome thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
need help. I am willing to pay for step by step help thanks

1. What is a sketch following displacement field?

A sketch following displacement field is a mathematical representation of the movement or displacement of points in space. It is often used in computer graphics and animation to simulate the motion of objects.

2. How is a sketch following displacement field calculated?

A sketch following displacement field is calculated using vector calculus and differential equations. It involves determining the velocity and acceleration of each point in space and integrating to find the overall displacement.

3. What is the purpose of a sketch following displacement field?

The purpose of a sketch following displacement field is to create realistic and fluid animations of objects in motion. It is often used in computer graphics, video games, and simulations to add movement and dynamics to virtual environments.

4. How is a sketch following displacement field different from a regular displacement field?

A sketch following displacement field is a specific type of displacement field that is designed to follow a predetermined path or trajectory. In contrast, a regular displacement field can be more random or chaotic in nature.

5. Can a sketch following displacement field be used in real-world applications?

Yes, a sketch following displacement field can be used in real-world applications such as robotics, motion tracking, and motion planning. It can also be used to model and analyze the movement of physical systems and structures.