Slingshot, need Position/time, acceleration and velocity formulas

In summary, the conversation is about a group project to create a water balloon launcher using a slingshot design. The goal is to show the acceleration, position, and velocity of the water balloon during the launch, flight, and landing phases using a software called Logger Pro. The formula mentioned is X(final)=X(initial)+V(initial i think)X t + 1/2 X a x t^2, but the person is unsure about the values for acceleration and velocity. They are seeking help to complete the project.
anto3232

Homework Statement

What is the acceleration,position,and velocity formula for the launch of a slingshot.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I just don't know where to start tbh... I really need help i put this off and its due tommorrow...
If someone could respond i can give more information you just have to be willing to help.

Physics news on Phys.org
One equation i saw was X(final)=X(initial)+V(initial i think)X t + 1/2 X a x t^2

Basically what me and my group (they arnt helping me) had to make some sort of water baloon launcher to hit our teacher 20m - 30m away, launching at 45 degrees.
We chose a Slingshot type of one, that's pretty ghetto but works.
Our launcher is 41 inchs high (1.04m) and what he wants us to do is for each of the three phases of the waterballoon (launch, flight, landing) he wants us to show the acceleration, position and velocity of each. All the while using Logger pro (program) to graph it.
logger pro is software that you put a video in mark a height that you know and plot points of the balloon which you can fit a certain line to the graph, quadratic in my case, and basically tell him the physics i used to find the acceleration, positionvs time and velocity of each phase...
HELP!

I found the formula i want to use to figure out my Position but i don't know what to put for Acceleration and Velocity.
b8jrpi.png

1. What is the formula for calculating the position of a slingshot?

The formula for calculating the position of a slingshot is:
x = x0 + v0t + 1/2at2, where x is the position at time t, x0 is the initial position, v0 is the initial velocity, a is the acceleration, and t is the time elapsed.

2. How do you calculate the time it takes for a slingshot to reach a certain position?

The formula for calculating the time it takes for a slingshot to reach a certain position is:
t = (v - v0) / a, where t is the time, v is the final velocity, v0 is the initial velocity, and a is the acceleration.

3. What is the acceleration formula for a slingshot?

The acceleration formula for a slingshot is:
a = (v - v0) / t, where a is the acceleration, v is the final velocity, v0 is the initial velocity, and t is the time elapsed.

4. How can I calculate the velocity of a slingshot at a specific time?

The formula for calculating the velocity of a slingshot at a specific time is:
v = v0 + at, where v is the final velocity, v0 is the initial velocity, a is the acceleration, and t is the time elapsed.

5. Can I use these formulas to calculate the motion of a slingshot on different planets?

Yes, these formulas can be used to calculate the motion of a slingshot on different planets. However, the values for acceleration and velocity may be different on different planets, so be sure to use the correct values for your calculations.