Calculate Gravitational Effects without Time, Acceleration or Velocity

In summary, the conversation discusses a novel equation that can calculate the gravitational effects of a system without the use of acceleration, velocity, and time. The equation is presented and empirical proof is provided through a link to a draft paper and an Excel spreadsheet. Questions are raised about the significance of this equation, how it works without involving time, and potential applications. The poster also asks for feedback and collaboration from those with professional expertise in the field.
jheising
Greetings,

Long time reader, first time poster, so try to go easy on me :redface:

I'd love to get a sanity check on something my father discovered and I've been helping him refine. We're not professional physicists, so we've had to take to the Internet to discuss and collaborate. Before you roll your eyes at another Internet crackpot theory, please quickly read over— it's a simple equation that can be validated with empirical data. Maybe it's nothing, or maybe it's significant— I guess you'll be the judge.

Here it is:

Is it possible to calculate the gravitational effects of a system without any knowledge or use of acceleration, velocity and time? What if I could show a simple equation and proof that you could— an equation that works equally well for both Newtonian and Relativity based systems.

The following novel equation is presented to calculate the change in position between two gravitationally attracted objects based on their mass and an observed absolute change in a source of electromagnetic radiation (EMR) wavelength as measured from one object to the other:

\begin{equation}
\label{eq:tige}
\Delta r = \frac{1}{m_1 + m_2} \times \frac{r^2}{H_s} \times \frac{\Delta \lambda ^ 2}{\lambda ^ 2}
\end{equation}

where:

Δr = (meters) is the calculated change in distance between the two objects
m1 = (kilograms) is the mass of Object 1
m2 = (kilograms) is the mass of Object 2
r = (meters) is the starting distance between Object 1 and Object 2
Hs = (meters / kilogram) is a proportionality constant defined as 1.4851315×10−27
Δλ = (meters) is the change in the EMR source’s wavelength as observed at some other arbitrary point
λ = (meters) is the measured wavelength of an EMR source emitted from one object as seen from the other object at the starting distance

Empirical Proof

Can be found in the document here: http://bit.ly/1nB8U5r. This is a super early draft of a paper, so it needs a lot of work, but the empirical data should be sound. I also have an Excel spreadsheet with the data and math that I can upload if anyone cares to look closer.

Questions
  • Is this significant?
  • Why/how does this work when every conventional gravitational calculation we know of involves time?
  • If we can calculate gravitational effects without time, what does this say about time?
  • Are there other applications of this equation?
  • Is this worthy to finalize into a formal paper and submit to a peer-reviewed journal? Anyone with professional expertise in that area want to help and/or collaborate?

Would really appreciate any help or feedback!

Cheers,

-jim

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Closed, pending moderation.

Zz.

1. How can gravitational effects be calculated without using time, acceleration, or velocity?

The calculation of gravitational effects without time, acceleration, or velocity is possible through the use of the universal gravitational constant (G) and the masses of the objects involved. This is known as the universal law of gravitation, which states that the force of attraction between two objects is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.

2. Can this calculation be used for any two objects?

Yes, the universal law of gravitation can be used to calculate the gravitational effects between any two objects with mass. However, it is most commonly used for larger objects such as planets, stars, and galaxies.

3. How accurate is this calculation?

The universal law of gravitation is a highly accurate calculation, but it does not take into account other factors such as the shape and density of the objects. Therefore, for more precise calculations, other equations or methods may need to be used.

4. Are there any limitations to using this calculation method?

One limitation of using the universal law of gravitation is that it only applies to objects with mass. It also assumes that the objects are point masses, which means that their size and shape do not affect the calculation. Additionally, this calculation does not take into account any external forces that may be acting on the objects.

5. How does this calculation relate to Newton's law of universal gravitation?

The universal law of gravitation is a more general form of Newton's law of universal gravitation, which was developed by Sir Isaac Newton in the 17th century. Newton's law is a special case of the universal law, where the objects and distances involved are relatively small and can be considered point masses. The universal law is a more comprehensive and accurate version of Newton's law, as it takes into account a wider range of objects and distances.