Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Software for transient states of circuits

1. Nov 1, 2011 #1
    Hello,

So is there any software, that generates the differential equation for the input circuit?

I am trying to solve a problem and I want to check if my equation is right.

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 5, 2011 #2

gneill

Staff: Mentor

Solve your equation, plot the results, and then compare to the output of a circuit simulation. LTspice is a good, free, simulator. It's worthwhile getting familiar with such a useful tool.

I presume that there must be commercial packages out there that will produce a set of simultaneous differential equations from a netlist, but I couldn't say if they'd be generated in a form that would be usable to you. Also it would likely be just one component of a larger, rather expensive circuit analysis package.

The only affordable software I'm aware of that will generate the differential equations from a circuit diagram is located between the ears :smile:

4. Nov 5, 2011 #3
    Thank you, I was solving my problems just like that, but still I can only check whether my particular solution, or steady state is correct. But then again if my particular solution is correct, probably the homogeneous is too.

I am thinking, making the software myself, mainly in matlab. Somehow. Could be the topic for my B. diploma who knows.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook