1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Solar Panels using Physics

1. Aug 7, 2015 #1
    Hello,
    I am considering to do a phD in solar panels, because it seems to connect areas I've been studying for a while. I am almost a chemical Engineer with master in physics and Science/Technology Bachelor.
    I'd like to do some on solar panels connected to physics, like quantum dot or something. Since I never worked with that, I have two questions:
    1. what books on solar energy should I read?
    2. do you know any material that can help me on opening up my mind on the subject?

Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 7, 2015 #2
    Your approach will likely be constrained by the available programs. Find the available programs first (given your geographical constraints) and then wok from there. It's not like every school has a solar panel program.

4. Aug 20, 2015 #3
    Thank you very much for you reply Dr. Courtney, but I already did it and I know where I will apply. For founding I need to write my proposal first and then ask for financial found. The thing is that I need to read a lot about the physics behind solar energy and the problems we need to answer as researchers, so I can write the PhD proposal. That's why I asked people which books and material are good.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook