Solutions Manual: Bransden's QM 2nd ed?

In summary, the conversation is asking if there is a solutions manual available for Bransden's book on quantum mechanics, as the person assisting a postdoc in research is struggling to find answers to the exercises. However, it is mentioned that instructor solution manuals are not available to students and the postdoc does not have access to it. The conversation ends with a request for recommendations for other quantum mechanics texts with solutions manuals.
WWCY
Hi all, does anyone know if Bransden's book has a solutions manual out there somewhere? I would loathe to go through the chapters before realising that I can't find solutions to its exercises.

If not, are there QM texts out there with a similar scope to this book that do have solutions manuals to accompany them?

Some background: I am an undergraduate with minimal knowledge of QM, but somehow got myself into a position where I'm assisting a postdoc in QM research, specifically, trying to understand this paper: https://arxiv.org/abs/1703.04597

Advice (and recommendations to texts) are really appreciated!

Physics news on Phys.org
Instructor solution manuals are for instructors, not for students. But if you are working with a post-Doc, maybe you can qualify for it through them?

If only Instructor solution manuals are available, this thread will likely be closed to prevent illegal download links from being posted.

Unfortunately the postdoc doesn't have said manual. The thing is, the book diesn't provide answers to its problems either.

Do you have any alternatives in mind for the text I mentioned? Thanks in advance.

1. What is a solutions manual?

A solutions manual is a supplementary resource that contains detailed solutions to all the problems and exercises in a textbook. It is typically created by the author or publisher of the textbook to help students better understand and practice the concepts covered in the book.

2. How can a solutions manual help me as a student?

A solutions manual can be a helpful study aid for students as it provides step-by-step solutions to problems and exercises, allowing them to check their work and identify any mistakes they may have made. It can also provide additional practice problems for students to further strengthen their understanding of the material.

3. Is using a solutions manual considered cheating?

No, using a solutions manual is not considered cheating as long as it is used appropriately. It is meant to be a supplement to the textbook and should only be used for studying and practicing, not for copying answers directly. It is important for students to still work through problems on their own to fully grasp the concepts.

4. How do I know if the solutions in the manual are correct?

The solutions manual is typically created by the author or publisher of the textbook, so it should be accurate and reliable. However, it is always a good idea to double-check the solutions and make sure they align with the material covered in class.

5. Can I purchase a solutions manual separately from the textbook?

In some cases, a solutions manual may be available for purchase separately from the textbook. However, it is more common for the solutions manual to be included with the purchase of the textbook or for it to be only available to instructors.