Quantum Mechanics e-2, Bransden & Joachain

In summary, the person is looking for a solutions manual or a source of worked examples for undergraduate quantum mechanics, as their current textbook does not have many examples or solutions. They are recommended Schaum's Outline of Quantum Mechanics by Zaarur, Constantinescu & Magyari's exercise book, Fluegge's Practical Quantum Mechanics, or D.J. Griffiths' textbook as potential sources of solved examples and easier introduction to the subject.
dnp33
My intro QM class is currently using this text, but I find that there is not very many worked examples of problems, and there are no solutions for the chapter questions in the back.

My class assignments are not based out of the book, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a solutions manual I could find somewhere online, or if not a good source of worked examples for undergraduate quantum mechanics.

Thanks in advance.

David.

Physics news on Phys.org
For a book with solved examples I would point you to Schaum's Outline of Quantum Mechanics (Zaarur, IIRC, is one of the authors). Other fully solved exercise books are those of Constantinescu & Magyari and Fluegge's <Practical Quantum Mechanics>. But these 2 books contain more information than you probably need right now.

As for a textbook, many people think of D.J. Griffiths' text of being very good as an introduction with little mathematical prerequisites.

1. What is Quantum Mechanics e-2?

Quantum Mechanics e-2 is a book written by C. J. Joachain and B. H. Bransden, which provides an introduction to quantum mechanics for undergraduate and graduate students.

2. Who are the authors of "Quantum Mechanics e-2"?

The authors of "Quantum Mechanics e-2" are C. J. Joachain and B. H. Bransden, who are both renowned scientists in the field of quantum mechanics.

3. What topics does "Quantum Mechanics e-2" cover?

"Quantum Mechanics e-2" covers a wide range of topics including wave mechanics, angular momentum, time-independent and time-dependent perturbation theory, and many other fundamental concepts in quantum mechanics.

4. Is "Quantum Mechanics e-2" suitable for beginners?

Yes, "Quantum Mechanics e-2" is suitable for beginners as it provides a clear and comprehensive introduction to the principles and applications of quantum mechanics. However, a basic understanding of calculus and linear algebra is recommended.

5. Are there any resources available to supplement the content of "Quantum Mechanics e-2"?

Yes, the authors have provided a companion website for "Quantum Mechanics e-2" which includes additional resources such as interactive simulations, solutions to selected exercises, and further reading suggestions.