Solve Calculus Problem: Answers to d, e, f in Math Paper

• MHB
  • Thread starter sfvdsc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculus
In summary, the solutions to d, e, and f in a math paper can be found by applying concepts of calculus. D involves finding the derivative, while e requires finding the integral and f involves using the fundamental theorem of calculus. By following these steps and understanding the fundamental principles of calculus, one can successfully solve these problems in a math paper.
sfvdsc
Please Solve this, I am unable.

This problem requires you to read the following scientific article:

http://math.colgate.edu/~integers/u76/u76.pdf

These answers should be related to this paper.

Questions are attached in the image; please answer mainly d, e and f

Those are the main problems I need to solve; please solve them.

Screenshot 2021-11-18 at 12.04.34 PM.png

Physics news on Phys.org
Beer induced query follows.
sfvdsc said:

View attachment 11487
What have you done so far?

sfvdsc said:

View attachment 11487
I didn't read the paper but three of these could be answered by a simple web search...

-Dan

I don't see any problem here that has anything to do with Calculus!

(d) asks about the "Brun-Titchmarsh inequality". Do you know what that is? Whoever gave you this problem clearly expects you to know! If you don't know google "Brun-Titchmarsh inequality".

(e) asks about "\(\displaystyle \pi(x; 2^{t}, 1)\)". Do you know what THAT means?

1. What is calculus and why is it important?

Calculus is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of change and motion. It is important because it provides the tools and techniques to solve real-world problems in fields such as physics, engineering, economics, and statistics.

2. What are the basic concepts in calculus?

The basic concepts in calculus include derivatives, which measure the rate of change of a function, and integrals, which measure the accumulation of a quantity over an interval. Other important concepts include limits, continuity, and the fundamental theorem of calculus.

3. How do you solve a calculus problem?

To solve a calculus problem, you first need to understand the problem and identify what is being asked. Then, you can use the appropriate formulas and techniques to find the solution. It is important to show all steps and justify your answer to ensure accuracy.

4. What are the common mistakes to avoid when solving calculus problems?

Common mistakes to avoid when solving calculus problems include not understanding the problem fully, using incorrect formulas, and not showing all steps in the solution. It is also important to check your answer for reasonableness and accuracy.

5. How can I improve my skills in solving calculus problems?

To improve your skills in solving calculus problems, it is important to practice regularly and seek help from a tutor or teacher if needed. You can also try solving problems from different sources and challenging yourself with more difficult problems. Additionally, understanding the underlying concepts and principles of calculus can greatly improve your problem-solving abilities.