Solve Einstein's Math Problem: 1-9=100

• Thread starter celery
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about a person seeking help with their math homework. They had to use the numbers 1-9 and the operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division to make an expression that would equal 100. They were not allowed to use parentheses and the numbers had to be in consecutive order. After some trial and error, the person was able to come up with two expressions that equaled 100: 23*5 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 1 + 6 + 4 and 1+23*4+5-6+7-8+9=100.
celery
There's a problem on my math homework that I really don't get. I couldn't find it anywhere else on the internet, so I came here. I have to use the numbers
1, 2 ,3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 and I can multiply, divide, add, and subtract, but I can't use parenthesis
to make an expression that will equal 100. I played around for a while and didn't get anything. Plus, I can't use the expression
123-4-5-6-7+8-9=100, because that's the example they gave in the book.
So, could someone help me out here? Thanks.
:smile:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
23*5 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 1 + 6 + 4
That's also one.

Thanks! :smile:

Whoops! I forgot to say that the numbers had to be in consecutive order. Crap. Well, thanks anyway.

1+23*4+5-6+7-8+9=100:smile:
1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8*9=100:smile:

Last edited:

Related to Solve Einstein's Math Problem: 1-9=100

1. What is Einstein's math problem?

Einstein's math problem is a famous puzzle created by Albert Einstein, a renowned physicist. It involves rearranging the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 in a specific way to make the equation 1-9=100 true.

2. Is there a solution to Einstein's math problem?

Yes, there is a solution to Einstein's math problem. It has been solved by many people, including mathematicians and computer programmers.

3. How difficult is it to solve Einstein's math problem?

The difficulty level of solving Einstein's math problem varies depending on an individual's mathematical skills and problem-solving abilities. Some may find it easy, while others may find it challenging.

4. What is the logic behind the solution to Einstein's math problem?

The logic behind the solution to Einstein's math problem involves using the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 to create two numbers that, when subtracted, equal 100. This requires rearranging the numbers in a specific way, such as using them as exponents or concatenating them.

5. Why is Einstein's math problem considered important?

Einstein's math problem is considered important because it challenges individuals to think creatively and use their mathematical skills to solve a complex puzzle. It also showcases the importance of problem-solving and critical thinking in science and other fields.