Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

[Solved] First unread post?

1. Jun 9, 2008 #1
    If this has been asked, I apologize for starting a new thread. Mods are welcomed to move or whatever needs to be done.

The question I have is for new posts. Is there a way to click a "first unread post" in a thread I go to? This forum is very similar to other forum that I use and on that one they have that feature. I was wondering if I was missing it or is it not available? Thanks for the help.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 9, 2008 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think there is, or was, but we JUST upgraded to a new version of the software today, so things aren't all back where they're supposed to be yet, and we have to figure out what features were gained and lost along the way. Give us a little time to figure out the correct answer to your question.

4. Jun 9, 2008 #3

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the upgrade and wanted to note that it wasn't there before the upgrade either.

5. Jun 9, 2008 #4

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Its working the same for me Moonie as it was before. If there is a thread that has new posts since the last time you viewed it will display in bold with a triangle of squares to the left. The squares take you to the first unread post.

6. Jun 9, 2008 #5

Thanks. I finally now can see it. It is very well hidden in plain sight! Now I know where to click for new posts. I appreciate it!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?