Some Electrical Engineering Help?

• Thread starter badamann
  • Start date

I was never able to exercise just for exercise's sake. Have to have active hobbies - old boat motors, workshop, yard projects.

Best thing i did in recent years is buy this '76 Ford pickup. Climbing under it, pulling motor and horsing around cylinder heads & crankshaft, sanding and painting has taken a double handful off my waistline and raised my endurance !
We do need exercise.

old jim

I look at exercise as paying the piper for freedom and quality of life in the old age. Who like to exercise? It's the benefit and the good feeling afterwards. I saw my mother-in-law living freely at home till 85. Her mind was still very clear. Then she became disable due to Parkinson disease, she can't keep the balance.The main problem is she never exercise, she was too weak to grab onto the railing and support herself. She had to move to a group home, the last few years, she was just in bed starring at the ceiling. Her mind just went and died.

On the other extreme, my sister's mother-in-law is strong like a bull, but she never work. She is still healthy, but her mind is gone.

Leason learn, there is no free ride. You pay now or you pay later!!! That's the reason even I am not working anymore, I spent the last 5 to 6 years studying hard to keep my mind "lubricated"!!!!:biggrin: Still here, kicking.

psparky
Gold Member

Funny stuff guys...

I actually did get my butt kicked in grade school...hated it...ugh. I was a short pudgy kid. My older brother always worked out and I couldn't wait to do it. My parents made me wait till I was 13 years old...and then I hit the weights hard. Nobody ever messed with me after that.

Through steel....comes strength and confidence.

At age 27.......5'-8" tall.......170 lbs

Max bench: 300 lbs
Max deadlift: 365 lbs
Squats for 10 reps: 400 lbs

Height was relatively short....weight was relatively light....but with that type of muscle...no one is going to mess with you. Good numbers for an engineer...right?

OH ya...almost forgot about the thousand of post holes I dug with a Post Hole Digger (PHD....lol) and a spud bar. Footers for decks must be 42" below grade.....that's a long way down.

Just like everything else....put your mind to it and you can accomplish anything.

I don't touch weights like that anymore, but sports, running, workout videos, walking, eating healthy all help maintain a decent physique....and healthy mind. Today I'm still 5-8"....195 lbs. Still not huge...but big shoulders speak volumes.

Wow you are strong. I said before, I don't have the genes, I was weak when I was young, that's the reason why I like weight training. I am all about challenge myself. At the beginning, I started only like 80lb bench. Before I started having shoulder problem, I just hit 225lb, then with spotting, I did single rap of 245lbs!!! That's my very best. I am 5'6", 200lbs!!! BUT I can't even fool my grandson that it's muscle weight:cry::cry::cry:.!!!! I really need to loss 20lbs. BUT, I am turning 60 next year, looks is not important as long as I am still in shape. Hey, I am not out chasing woman like you......not in the last 30 years already!!!!

I cannot do dead lift nor even squat because of my back. I got up to 265lb in squat before I felt a pinch on my back...........That's the end of it.

I am still not giving up, I am doing a lot of rotator cuff exercise, stretching and still want to slowly moving the weight back up. I just got to 80lb dumb bells without any pain a month ago only. I am changing to 10 reps minimum instead of going all out for a few reps.

Have any of you aging egineers watched this 1999 movie "Blast from the Past" ?

I found it a delightful caricature of us.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0124298/

I wonder anyone watch the tv show "Big Bang Theory"? I really like that show. I don't relate to their comic books, video game part as I don't do any of those. I am not shy like them either. I really like how they talk, I actually admire their intelligence.

I wonder anyone watch the tv show "Big Bang Theory"? I really like that show. I don't relate to their comic books, video game part as I don't do any of those. I am not shy like them either. I really like how they talk, I actually admire their intelligence.

Haha, I cannot stand that show. I tried to watch it for 10 minutes and changed it. The jokes were horrible. It wasn't made for engineers/physicists to watch and laugh at intelligent inside jokes. It was made for non technical people to laugh at scientists/engineers. The jokes were on par with every other sitcom's humor, and only shows that the same tired format is just placed in a different setting to make a new show.

got here by accident...elec eng help ???? going on to study applied phys...want to do some sort of engineering..... these comments ???????? Never been bullied !! not much overweiht...love electricity....big bang theory.... best thing on TV....is there any hope for such a female ???
play flute not guitar !!

emily..don't be put off by male dinosaurs !!!!
Extinction happens