Some kind of LC sound resonator?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Oblio
Messages
398
Reaction score
0
Hey all,

I'm trying to brainstorm a way to get a sound resonator (the order of hundreds of Hz) to create a voltage.

I'm not exactly sure what the resonator should be constructed of... any ideas?
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Is it conceivable to use a tube-semi filled with water? I realize this will in fact resonate at a certain frequency, but could a voltage be obtained somehow?
 
You can also use a woofer speaker as a pickup/converter, especially if you construct a big reflector element to focus the sound down to the speaker face.
 
the reason why I'm considering something along the lines of a resonance tube, is because I want it frequency specific.. not just all sounds into a current...

know what i mean?