Are Minors Reflected on Diplomas?

• Programs
  • Thread starter leroyjenkens
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is graduating with a major in physics and a minor in theater, but did not officially declare the minor. They are unsure if the minor will be recognized on their diploma and are advised to check with their school's course calendar and possibly apply for the minor to be recognized. They are also advised to consult with an advisor and fill out a form to officially declare the minor.
leroyjenkens
I'm going to graduate this spring with a major in physics and a minor in theater, at least I hope. How is the minor dealt with? I kinda just took the classes for the minor, but I didn't sign up for the minor or anything like that, so I think I'm the only one who even knows about it. If I complete all the classes for the minor, is that it? I just say that I have the theater minor and people have to trust me (For instance if I audition for a play and want to put that on the audition sheet)? Are minors not written on the diploma? Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
A good place to check this out would be on your school's course calendar.

In most cases, even if the minor is not specifically mentioned on the diloma (sometimes the major isn't either) the details are in the official transcripts.

For what it's worth, you may have to appy for your minor to be recognized. I suspect details vary from school to school.

You're probably going to have to fill out some type of form that states you're adding the minor and have it signed by someone in the theater department. Then turn the form into the proper department. You need to ask an advisor what needs to be done and make sure you get that taken care of. It doesn't just magically appear on your diploma or transcript.

Ask someone in the college/university registrar's office, or in the theatre department office if they're big enough to have their own secretary, how to declare a minor. At the college where I work, you have to fill out a form that's similar to the one you use to declare a major.

Thanks guy. I'll do that.

1. What is the definition of a minor?

A minor is a person who is under the legal age of adulthood, typically under the age of 18.

2. What are the rights and responsibilities of minors?

The rights and responsibilities of minors vary by country and state, but generally, minors have limited legal rights and are not held to the same level of responsibility as adults.

3. Can minors enter into legally binding contracts?

In most cases, minors cannot enter into legally binding contracts. However, there are exceptions, such as for necessities like food and shelter, or if they have been legally emancipated.

4. What is the role of a guardian or parent for a minor?

A guardian or parent is responsible for the well-being and decision-making of a minor. This includes providing for their basic needs, making medical decisions, and representing them in legal matters.

5. What happens if a minor breaks the law?

If a minor breaks the law, they are subject to the juvenile justice system, which has a separate set of laws and consequences for minors. Depending on the severity of the offense, they may face consequences such as community service, probation, or juvenile detention.