Somethings i hate about this forum

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forum
In summary, pengwuino listed some things that just make him go :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:. He listed 1) in the homework section, don't you just hate it when a thread is titled something like "EASY EASY EASY collision problem" or "SO SIMPLE! gravitational potential energy" or "no brainer problem here!". He also listed 2) scientists aren't gods. He listed 3) crackpots. He listed 5) Cyrus locked. He listed 7) people who consistantly say "If the Liberals had there way [enter negative rhetoric here] as an argument base... just rattling your cage ;) just rattling your cage
Pengwuino
Gold Member
haha cought you with the title didn't I

Well it's true

here are some things that just make me go :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

1) In the homework section, don't you just hate it when a thread is titled something like "EASY EASY EASY collision problem" or "SO SIMPLE! gravitational potential energy" or "no brainer problem here!". It's like, to me, personally, saying that the question is so easy yet they simply don't want to do the question.

2) Scientists aren't gods. I find it silly when someone will ask a question like "Is there another universe out there that we don't know about?". I mean what gives? The very wording of such a question makes it unanswerable. Do we know something we don't know about? Give me a break.

3) Crackpots. Need I say more? Actually to further expand on this, people who have very little knowledge of a subject but will contend that they are right becaues of their limited knowledge. I haven't really seen this too often but you'll occasionally see the person who comes up and says, using his high school physics knowledge, that the whole model of the atom is wrong because "electrons should fall into the nucleus and the nucleus should fly apart" etc etc. To further expand on that... don't you hate people that seriously think their opinion on some scientific factoid is just as valid and as just as likely to be right as your knowledge of some scientific fact? How many times have we heard Relativity arguments boil down to "Well I just don't think that the speed of light is the fastest an object can go" vs. *All scientific knowledge in the world*.

4) The small cult of "blah blah blah american newspapers are propoganda machines" people who make such threads and then will in another thread, use american newspaper articles as sources for one of their threads. Come on now...

5) Cyrus

6) Random pm's from people. Why do I get random PM's from people? And its usually about random weird things. I'll even be asked homework question in private messages. Do I look like i know what I'm talking about? People keep asking me questions, gravity is going to turn into 4.5m/s^2.

Ok I've had my monthly rant. Geeeeeeeeeeeez.

Physics news on Phys.org
That time of the month again?

Ranked 5th, is that the best you could do?

cyrusabdollahi said:
That time of the month again?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Im putting you to #3 on my list

We should have a pointless thread limit.

http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?imagename=youlady.jpg&category=Signs/Posters&date=2002-09-04

Last edited by a moderator:
cyrusabdollahi said:
We should have a pointless thread limit.

Go be a teacher

I remember when i first learned physics in high school, sometimes i would be like "that can't be because blah blah blah", but i quickly learned not to do that, and to try to figure out why it is that way. Throughout college i still came across people like that, adn they would use terms that they didnt completely understand in the wrong context.

Pengwuino said:
Go be a teacher

Care for another kick in the nuts? (groan...yes, it was really necessary franz) :uhh:

and now I am being spammed by random pm'ers!

#7 people who consistantly say "If the Liberals had there way [enter negative rhetoric here] as an argument base...
just rattling your cage ;)

Anttech said:
just rattling your cage ;)

Yah that'll be the day, liberals discussed in a non-heavenly light on this board :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I really want to run into another one of these "Relativity is wrong, watch as i accelerate to as fast as i want" idiots. Slap them with a fish i will i will. I just don't get it... its like... do they really think tens of thousands of scientists throughout history have just completely overlooked their dumb intuitive guess at reality?

Last edited:
You talk too much, and think too little.

Pengwuino, why must your name be one character short of a complete post?

cyrusabdollahi said:
You talk too much, and think too little.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: you hurt my feelings

CYRUS LOCKED!

dav2008 said:
Pengwuino, why must your name be one character short of a complete post?

because you just can't hate me, it's the law

Go study something, and stop crying like a baby.

Yah that'll be the day, liberals discussed in a non-heavenly light on this board
Theres plenty of evidence of that happening here...

https://www.physicsforums.com/search.php?searchid=391448
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Does anyone find it odd that his "crackpots" section, in which he said, "need I say more?" is the longest?

Seriously pengwuino, nobody wanta to hear what you don't like...I myself am already bored of this topic

yomamma said:
Seriously pengwuino, nobody wanta to hear what you don't like...I myself am already bored of this topic

You sure do, it's the only reason you exist. Without me, it's just a late abortion...

Anttech said:
Theres plenty of evidence of that happening here...

https://www.physicsforums.com/search.php?searchid=391448

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Irony? :uhh: :uhh: :uhh:

It originally linked to posts by Penguino in the Politics forum that contained the world "liberal"

I love cyrus and the penguin.

I don't like you.

cyrusabdollahi said:
I don't like you.

No one cares who you like :biggrin:

Pengwuino said:
No one cares who you like :biggrin:

Pengwuino.

See, I win.

Pengwunio, your going to take that from him?

I always knew you were a wimp.

Listen to franz, my opinion is law. GOT IT!?

cyrusabdollahi said:
Pengwunio, your going to take that from him?

I always knew you were a wimp.

Listen to franz, my opinion is law. GOT IT!?

Of course he's going to take it. he's a bird, and I'm tall. See?

Pengwuino said:
mwahk mwkah mwahk mwahk mwkah mwahkmwahk mwkah mwahk mwahk mwkah mwahk mwahk mwkah mwahk mwahk mwkah mwahk mwahk mwkah mwahk

OK, who forgot to feed Pengwuino? I have seen this behavior before at many penguin exhibits. They complain like crazy when they are hungry - until the trainers come out and give them a belly-full of fish, then they settle down, and they are very docile and sweet. Someone obviously missed his/her rotation. When I find out, I am putting you on report.

Math Is Hard said:
OK, who forgot to feed Pengwuino? I have seen this behavior before at many penguin exhibits. They complain like crazy when they are hungry - until the trainers come out and give them a belly-full of fish, then they settle down, and they are very docile and sweet. Someone obviously missed his/her rotation. When I find out, I am putting you on report.

*sends Pengwuino a pizza with anchovies*

Math Is Hard said:
*sends Pengwuino a pizza with anchovies*

:yuck: Anchovies?

Ga-ross!

franznietzsche said:
:yuck: Anchovies?

Ga-ross!
yeah, but I couldn't get salmon. It's pizza for a penguin, mind you.

dav2008 said:
It originally linked to posts by Penguino in the Politics forum that contained the world "liberal"

yeap seems like the session id was purged..

I find the obsession of some posters with academic grades mildly amusing.

What are some common complaints about this forum?

Some users have expressed frustration with the lack of moderation on this forum, leading to a lot of spam and irrelevant posts.

Why do some people dislike this forum?

One of the main reasons people dislike this forum is the constant arguing and negativity among users. It can be a toxic environment for some.

Are there any issues with the functionality of this forum?

Yes, there have been reports of glitches and technical difficulties on this forum, such as posts not showing up or the site crashing.

How can the forum improve?

Many users have suggested implementing stricter rules and moderation to improve the overall quality of discussions on this forum.

Is there anything positive about this forum?

Despite its flaws, there are still many valuable discussions and helpful information shared on this forum. It also provides a platform for people to connect and share their thoughts and opinions.